The Industrial Engineer Co-op will receive a hands-on experience streamlining warehouse operations in our grocery facilities. Projects may include, but are not limited to time studies of peak hours, bottlenecking and high traffic areas. The successful candidate will have strong problem-solving skills. This role requires working with operations management, systems integration, and other teams.
- Lead various independent projects as assigned
- Contribute to team projects
- Research for new data using various sources (WMS, TMS, Labor Management, Slot Optimization, etc)
- Translate and present that data into meaningful information to support action plans
- Communicate with Industrial Engineering team
- Miscellaneous IE projects as assigned
- Heavy travel may be required
- This position involves data collection which requires visits to facility operations in variety of temperature ranges including but not limited to ambient, refrigerated and frozen.
- Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others: and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from management
- Working toward a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering
- Strong math, analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point
- Ability to manage competing deadlines and multiple projects
- Proven leadership and communication skills
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- This job requires a valid US driver’s license.
- C&S is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position
- May require several hours per day of sitting, standing, walking, bending, and reaching.
C&S Wholesale Grocers is an Equal Opportunity/Employer. We adhere to a policy of making all employment decisions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic
Location: Various locations within the United States
Housing: Fully Furnished housing may be available.
Working safely is a condition of employment at C&S Wholesale Grocers, an Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Please submit your resume to: HumbertoAlzatePalacios [at] grocerssupply [dot] com