Job Description: Industrial Engineering Student Intern
In this position, your responsibility will be to assist in the preparation and execution of all necessary operational studies/analysis for engineering and production. Support all continuous improvement activities as developing and maintaining visual management tools as well as support Lean events.
Essential Duties: (under limited supervision)
- Perform operational studies and engineering analysis (Time Study, Line Balancing, Capacity Modeling, etc.)
- Assist Lean manufacturing / Six Sigma training and Continuous improvement implementation (5S, Visual Control System, Kanban, Setup Reduction, etc.)
- Develop and maintain project plans.
- Any other duties, as assigned.
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree in industrial engineering and meet minimum courses requirement
- Excellent verbal/written communication and math skills
- Ability to handle multitask in a fast paced environment
- Competence with Microsoft Office Products
- Work well within a team environment, as well as independently.
- Must have a high energy level and a "can do" attitude
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes preferred
- Knowledge of basic CI tools (Process Mapping (VSM’s), cause and effect diagrams, etc.)
- INDE 4369 - Facilities Planning and Design
- INDE 4331 - Analysis of Industrial Activities
- Assignment performance/planning
- Test speciman preparation/equipment adjustment and operation/test data recording and analyzing
- Engineering data report extraction/processing/presentation
- Problem solving
Infectious Control Risk Category II: The risk category explains whether or not employees are likely to come into contact with blood or body fluids while performing their jobs. Risk category II states employment and procedures that may require exposure.
To apply click here