Job Title: (DSC-211) Logistics Specialist (Grade Level 9)
Reports to: Branch Manager II (Houston)
Responsible for the Logistics management flow of the distribution center inbound and outbound delivery activity, customer service and inventory management.
Logistics Planner has direct responsibility for the efficient load out and operations of company units at a designated location. This will require onsite presence in the Shipping Warehouse office.
- Directs and coordinates activities of logistics loads to insure maximum performance relative to product delivery, service and good customer relations.
- Interacts daily with cooler/warehouse Supervisors and front line employees to insure that logistics loads are accurate, and loaded in an on time manner to ensure scheduled customer delivery times.
- Oversees the add on process (early morning) to ensure efficiency and eliminate route driver wait time
- Responsible for Hot Shot Expediting and Coordinating
- Investigates and advises Logistics and Commercial leaders the root cause of customer complaints related to delivery (small format business)
- Ensures full compliance with all company quality assurance standards
- Ensures full compliance with Logistics Route Driver company dress code policy and good hygiene and housekeeping practices
- Ensures full compliance with all company safety policies and procedures
- Assist in promoting and monitoring the adopted loss control program including inspections, DOT regulations, driver training, rules and accident investigation
- Interacts daily with small format drivers at the load out and case dock areas to ensure highest level of morale in a non-union environment
- Interacts with Case Dock employees ensuring that all dump loads (branch and/or company routes) are maintained at temperatures in compliance with our existing policies/procedures.
- Routinely verifies the empty case returns at case dock are recorded correctly.
- Project assignments at other branches including route consolidation and asset utilization, AM/PM yard time efficiencies, and MAXIM directed activities.
- Uses computer to produce forms and reports
- Performs other duties as assigned
- College coursework preferred
- Direct store delivery distribution experience required
- Solid understanding of DOT requirements and other applicable regulations
- Able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Skill in organization, time management, prioritization and attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs
- Must be able to pass all medical exams, drug and background checks (including criminal).
Dean Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity employer M/F/Veteran/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.