The mission of the University of Houston is to discover and disseminate knowledge through the education of a diverse population of traditional and nontraditional students, and through research, artistic and scholarly endeavors, as it becomes the nation’s premier public university in an urban setting. In this role, the University of Houston applies its expertise to the challenges facing the local, state, national and international communities, and it establishes and nurtures relationships with community organizations, government agencies, public schools and the private sector to enhance the educational, economic and cultural vitality of the city of Houston and the state of Texas.
The University of Houston BSIE program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Educational Program Objectives
The UHIE Education Program Objectives are:
- Provide the knowledge and skill set for graduates to meet or exceed the expectations of the industrial engineering profession with respect to professional knowledge, responsibilities, and advancement.
- Prepare graduates to pursue advanced studies in industrial engineering or in other disciplines if they so choose.
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Student Enrollment/Degrees Awarded
|Degree||STUDENT ENROLLMENT FALL 2020||DEGREES AWARDED ACADEMIC YEAR 2020|