To become the department of choice.
Undergraduate Program Mission:
The mission of the undergraduate program is to produce engineering graduates that are prepared to pursue careers in their chosen field while meeting the industrial engineering needs of industry, business, healthcare and government. The graduates will be prepared and motivated to continue learning throughout their career, and gain the knowledge and skills to contribute significantly to society. Specific elements to achieve this mission are:
- To recruit and retain highly qualified students.
- To pursue resources necessary to recruit and retain the best faculty.
- To develop a dynamic and structured curriculum to meet the needs of constituents.
Program Educational Objectives:
- Graduates meet or exceed the expectations of the industrial engineering profession with respect to professional knowledge, responsibilities, and advancement.
- Graduates attain advanced degrees in industrial engineering or related disciplines if they so choose.