The Online Programs — UH Extend engineering programs are designed to serve the needs of a broad range of students, including recent graduates as well as mid-career engineering and technical professionals who are seeking the high-quality graduate education and credentials that the Cullen College is known for.
All the degree and certificate programs under the Online Programs — UH Extend umbrella are designed to be completed from start to finish in a fully online format. All courses are taught online only, and there is no requirement for any on-campus or face-to-face components.
At any point in your decision-making process, please feel free to schedule time with one of our Online Program Recruiters.
- Online MS in Engineering Management
- Online Certificate in Process Safety Engineering
All of the Online Programs — UH Extend Master’s and Certificate programs consist of the same rigorous curriculum and coursework as traditional face-to-face programs at UH, and are taught by the same faculty. The only difference is in the mode of instruction, which is fully online.
Competitive and cost-effective tuition. All the available engineering programs under Online Programs — UH Extend have a tuition of $745 per credit-hour, with no additional fees.
A 30 credit-hour engineering Master’s degree under UH-Extend costs a total of $22,350.
A 9-hour graduate Certificate program costs $6,705.
Who Should Apply?
Admission requirements vary by program. Most programs require:
- Math background consisting of three semesters of Calculus, Differential Equations and Linear Algebra
- College-level Chemistry and Physics
- An undergraduate Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited institution in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math).
While a background in a related engineering area is preferred, students in broader STEM fields are welcome to apply and may be offered a provisional admission consisting of a select group of leveling and introductory Master’s courses.
- Transcripts of all prior college education
- A summary of professional and relevant experience
- A supporting letter from your current employer is recommended
- GRE is not required. TOEFL or IELTS is required for international students only.
- Fall semester admission deadline: July 1
- Spring semester admission deadline: December 1
- Summer semester admission deadline: May 1 (not all programs have a summer admission option)
To view the full list of programs, frequently asked questions and more, please visit the Online Programs website.